Monday, December 7, 2009

That time of year again...

So, it's that time of year again. Everyone is getting excited about one thing and one thing only...no, not christmas! It's the X Factor Final, of course!



I can't believe myself that it's a year since Alexandra Burke took the title as the winner of The X Factor. Her rendition of Hallelujah is questionable - no-one can beat Jeff Buckley's version. At the same time though, she was a very worthy winner!

This year, its now down to Olly, Stacey & Joe.








My personal favourite is Joe - he has been flawless every night and truly deserves to win. Stacey is good but only on certain songs - you gotta love when she speaks though - its just hilarious! I heard someone saying she's a cross between Catherine Tate and Leona Lewis - sounds just about right to me! As for Olly, he is good too but again only on some songs. He reminds me of Will Young/Jamiroquai when he's singing. His leg swinging/shaking antics were amusing, if not a bit sexy initially...but now, it just looks silly. I do feel Lucie Jones should still be there but I've gotten over that!

Last night, I was delighted that Danyl left. Goodness me, he was so annoying. And there was no way he was "the best singer in the competiton" as Simon 'Mr Nasty' Cowell kept reiterating every single week. How about his other act, Olly? How would that make him feel? So it was a joyous moment for me when the lovely Dermot O' Leary announced that Danyl was going home!

It should be an exciting final next week - rumours going around that the winning song is The Climb by Miley Cyrus - good song but not sure how it will suit any of the remaining acts. Also, heard that the *surprise* guests are Sir Paul McCartney & George Michael. I wouldn't mind Bon Jovi again, but one can dream...

The couch & the televison (or the gogglebox as my grandad calls it!) will be my trustworthy friends next weekend. May the best contestant win...*whispers* Come on Joe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment