Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Camille

Morning folks. Hope everyone is well today. The sun is shining bright here in Galway :)

Tomorrow, the 30th September, a very brave little girl called Camille Shave is undergoing major brain surgery in order to resect a tumour. She is only 3 years old and has been through the run of the mill over the last year or so. She is facing challenges that no 3 year old should have to face. The ongoing chemotherapy that she recieves to reduce the size of the tumour is a difficult process for a 3 year old to have to endure. Hayley, Martin & Lucia - Camille's parents and sister, have been so strong and determined throughout this journey and I have such admiration for them all. They are an inspiration to me and whenever it feels like the mundane day-to-day life of college is unbearable, I think of the Shave family and the nightmare they are going through. It makes me appreciate what I have and how fortunate I really am, even if it feels like I'm not.

The operation that Camille is undergoing tomorrow will have a huge impact on both Camille and her family. I urge everyone to say a prayer, light a candle and keep Hayley, Martin, Lucia and Camille in your thoughts. Tomorrow changes everything for them.

For all the information regarding Camille and her family's battle - check out their website - www.camillesappeal.co.uk xxx

1 comment: